3rd Annual Father Marianna Advent Project
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.”
Praise be to Him from whom all good things come. Can’t believe we are in year 3 of Father Marianna’s Advent Project. Learn more about Father Marianna by visiting
About Father (di-forgod.com) We are so thankful to all of those who have supported our efforts in feeding and clothing the poor. I would like to reach out to those who are new to the project and share how donations were spent in the past. This year instead of setting a goal amount, which God always seems to double, I have left it in His hands and what the Holy Spirit puts on your heart to donate. Please note that 100% of funds collected go directly to priests.
Praise report for 2020 is as follows:
- Marianna’s mother bought clothes and food for widows in honor and memory of her son. His nephew delivered candy to the village children.
- Shekar India priest bought chairs for the elderly and pregnant women to sit on during Mass. The norm in most parishes is to sit on the floor. He fed and bought clothes and a small toy for orphan children and clothes for widows.
- Joachim from Africa was able to feed many widows, orphans and poor families in his village.
Praise report for 2021 is as follows:
- Marianna’s mother bought clothes and food for widows in honor and memory of her son.
- Shekar had water well dug for a tribal village with orphans and widows. He also provided toys, food and clothes.
- Joachim was able to purchase a full cow and they butchered it and many, many people got meat for the holidays. He bought rice, corn and clothes for many poor people. He was also able to put funds toward the renovation of dorms for St Mary’s school where he was working at the time.
- Hrudaya (working in Amarillo Diocese) from India was able to send money to his home parish for school supplies and clothes for village people.
This year my prayer is to add an additional priest working in Arizona who has family back in India. His brother is also a priest there and I would love to get him funds to buy clerics for the priests in poor villages. They wear clerics that look gray in color because they are so old.
Advent Project (di-forgod.com) visit link to see video and pictures from past years.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or text Diane Kratochvil at 806-282-2300